View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #43
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It is weird the Turtles have food in their refigerator and drinks and stuff. That's fresh food look like it was bought in the supermarket, not found in the garbage or storm drains or whatever.

April and Casey are always portrayed as poor as hell in every universe, so they sure don't have the extra money to feed 4 more teenage boys. I don't know where they get the food from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Maybe some of it is stuff that's just past expiration date (but still edible) that local stores tossed out. For fresher stuff... even if their friends are not well off, well, coupons exist and they might, as I said before, no doubt be pros at spotting loose change and dropped dollars to be able to contribute to their friends willing to pick up a few things for them. (Plus being able to afford delivery/take out, the pizza or otherwise.)

In terms of moral gray area, since it's technically shop lifting (and I'd like to think they'd at least feel a little guilty for having no other choice), they might also know what days local stores tend to get their stock deliveries. Then swipe a case or two from the truck when the employees' backs are turned.
Look at that pizza.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...316768ddf5f3d4

Link doesn't want to work without paper subscription but anyway photo attached. It was about freegans.

nom nom nom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7685.jpg (98.0 KB, 19 views)
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote