View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 12:22 AM   #282
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Problems with premature evaluation.

I mean, I left The Usual Suspects with about 20 minutes left. Why make a movie about Kevin Spacey while this Keyser Soze is the real player? I'm surprised they didn't make proper sequel out for that guy.

I did this with the 6th Sense as well. I got tired of Bruce Willis' wife being a bitch and not even looking at him during conversations. Come on.
Fair points. Come to think of it, in that time and place I would have welcomed a Keyser Soze movie sequel. Though I did appreciate Singer slapping close the "trapdoors" at the end there. It worked and seemed powerful enough. Between that movie and Apt Pupil it seemed like Singer would have a long career as an auteur. And then he went on to do X-Men 1 which revolutionized the comic book movie industry before then going on to do his best to sabotage it in everything he's ever done after that. With a brief pause for an OK Valkyrie movie.

6th Sense, I can't comment. The hysteria on the early internet was so loud I couldn't avoid the big spoiler, so I was already spoiled going into it. So I can sit here and say it seemed obvious from the start, but I have no idea how I'd view it going in with 0 spoilers. I want to say I would have caught it from the start, because that's how I watch movies... but idk. My memory of it is vague as I only saw it the once but it seemed an OK enough gimmick/twist movie, which is what all of M. Night's early movies all were until he stopped the "OK enough" part of the equation.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote