View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 12:21 AM   #290
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I don’t think I need to use spoilers since it’s already on home release.

I’m not the biggest Batman fan so I’m sure I missed references and Easter eggs. I have not even seen Dark Knight or Rises yet. Anyway the movie is great. Good setup, acting and tone.

My only complaint is something I thought just didn’t make sense. Why were the Wayne’s out during a riot? Was it a theater or restaurant they left? Regardless Thomas was running for Mayor and there was a lot of protesting so it seemed odd they’d go out at all. Unless the riot started just then during that sequence but then wouldn’t they have bodyguards?

So I read the theory that Fleck is not the real Joker and I honestly do NOT like that idea. Having a partner/henchman (or even someone who secretly wanted to replace him) take over later is fine but treating this as just the guy who inspires the actual Joker makes this seem pointless. All of this...and he’s not even the famous villain? Not that they’ve officially made it so but still.

I know the age difference with Bruce would be big but that’s actually an interesting direction imo. Joker could run his crime for decades knowing Gotham fears him and when Bruce finally turns into Batman he’s surprised someone opposes his power. Being older he could try to defeat Batman behind the scenes until they finally meet and Bruce reveals himself.

The director mentions wanting it to be a standalone movie but that’s basically impossible. Sure there could never be a sequel made but that would be a huge missed opportunity.