View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 10:43 PM   #16
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I want a reboot/continuation of Are you afraid of the dark.
Why though? I mean I loved AYAotD but at the end of the day they're children's horror stories. I can re-watch and enjoy it because of nostalgia but if I wanted to watch new stories I"d just watch something more for my age.

The show had plenty of new "generations" after the original series we all knew and loved.

It's not like the original show had tons of recurring characters besides the original kids who did show up in the later seasons as guest characters for nostalgia to blind away kids horror stories. I just don't think horror is a genre where nostalgia goggles can blind you from knowing it's not meant for you.

Now if you mean come back for a new generation and that you won't care to watch it then, sure it should happen.

Quote:

I wonder if salute your shorts could get a reboot. I was a little more into that.
That show is even more 90s that Clarissa, it would never work unless it became like those new age senseless comedies for kids now which is in no way like the original so why not just make a new show?

I think even Clarissa has more potential than Salute your shows.

I'm not against revivals, I'm a nostalgia junkie like the many but some properties just don't make sense to reboot. A new Rugrats cartoon? Sure. A new Salute your shorts show? no way.

Unless they make a special made specifically for those kids who loved the show, that's the only way it would work.

[/QUOTE]
I loved the secret world of Alex Mack, and who remembers space cases? I liked that girl with the rainbow hair and sonic scream, and hey Zack the black ranger was in it.[/QUOTE]

I was a huge Power Rangers fan as a kid and never noticed the main character was Zack, I must've been blind

Alex Mack was indeed great as mentioned, I need to rewatch that, haven't ever done it since I was a kid.

Space Cases I did re-watch a few years ago and it's awesome, yeah, it's sci-fi for kids but it works. This show should've been far more successful and more kid friendly sci-fi shows should exist.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote