View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 10:15 AM   #797
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Teela's whole deal the entire show was in figuring out how to grieve for her best friend and process his betrayal of her trust while learning to forgive him
Which was an incredibly pedestrian story trope - another marker of everything going on today. Pedestrian, extreme low-level nonsense. "We were friends, but you didn't tell me your big secret and now my entire world has been destabilized".

Basically a completely self-centered viewpoint (Teela's) to absorb someone else's life-choices through (Adam's). But that's the world we live in - a generation wherein someone is wrong for the life choices they keep to themselves and the person who wasn't told is "betrayed". Anyone else here see the extreme irony in this paradigm?

Adam is wrong for keeping a secret from Teela. Teela views this as privldged information for her. Teela does not view this as "wow this must be a heavy burden for Adam to have had to keep it from me". The directionality is her self-centeredness.

The irony? It's all geared towards a generation that views the world through their own self-centered, virtue-signaling lens. All why these people cry out for "fairness" (that they already have) and "homogenization" (because they are afraid to compete, but making everyone "the same" saves them). i.e., "Let gay people come out of the closet freely, but I'm offended that I wasn't told your secret as privldged information".

Clown world.

Last edited by IMJ; 11-28-2021 at 10:20 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote