View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #36
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
It's a critique, I don't want anybody to be offended by anything PL said, plus as it was a private e-mail conversation I don't think it's fair for me to post it publicly. I'll PM the cast of course, but please don't share it.

I can sum up the points for those interested. He was humbled by our work and thought the cast did a great job with the voices. He said they were very appropriate for the characters.

Most of his e-mail, however, was critiques about the lack of motion in the comic. I'm not sure where he got that we were pitching this as a motion comic, I must have called it that when I first told him about the project a little after we started production, before I saw the final product. It's more appropriately a "voice comic", but he was concerned that I had called it that yet there wasn't any real motion. He also mentioned critiques about the cutting off of certain text bubbles (I only noticed one while re-watching), and the general deviation from the script. I explained to him in my reply that we were using the PBBZ text, but not everybody got the memo. He also thought it needed more sound effects.

He closed with this: "I do appreciate the work that went into this, and I commend those who participated."
Basically he said I did a ****** job editing it all together. Which is fine, it's not like I'm Sally Menke (R.I.P). Other than saying he thought the voices were good and commending us it was more or less a negative review. I say post it. It's mainly on me for the negative review. It's not like I pushed for cleaner cuts of the panels or better scans, (hell I could have corrected most that myself), or the correct lines to be recorded. PL isn't known for being a nice guy when it comes to voicing his opinion of a project, in some cases he can be downright bitter. But that's the thing, this was his baby, he has every right to scrutinize the project to a T. And I applaud him for not taking the everybody gets a trophy route and not saying what he really means. Would I be lying if I said I didn't get a punch in the gut when I read it, yep, but I am a big boy and can handle some negative feedback. It's what will make my next project (if there is one) even better.

So again, I say post it. I would but since it was sent to you I feel that it is ultimately up to you to post.

-ms