View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 05:45 AM   #1
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

IDW General Discussion

As far as I know, there isn't a general discussion thread for IDW, which there probably should be so not to clutter other threads.

It could also be a place for semi-random dissertation and analysis that doesn't really have a place anymore.

Such as, for a starting point...I found Burnow Island's location. I know people have asked about it somewhere and had only been given loose ideas of where it was from the writing team, but...
The GPS coordinates show up in Issue 57 here

39.777935 x -60.880051

Which comes out around here

Which...makes quite a lot of sense when I think about it. Just marginally south of New York, but farther Eastward, right in "Hurricane Town". That's 696.16 miles/1120.37 kilometers (or 604.95 nautical miles).
When looking that up, I found it was the exact time to fly from Changcha, China to Qingdao, China, and it takes and hour and 54 minutes. Maybe a little less time for Krang's private plane. So, it would be quite reasonable to knock someone out in New York, fly them to the island, and plop them in a bed with time to spare, as was done with Stockman. Depending on how fast the plan was going, that is. Not sure it would make sense for alligators to be out that far, unless they got there by accident or there was just a few really, really dedicated individuals that managed to swim there.

Now, I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed that out, but I thought it was a good place to leap from in a general discussion thread.

Next time (but not really, maybe?), how big is Burnow Island actually, and what is in the map's legend?