Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 02:59 AM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
My sentiments to these comments exactly. I'm not a big Seth Rogen guy myself and I'm not excited about this yet. But it could be something cool and as much as I want another live action film, I'd rather not give those clowns behind the last two films anymore chances!
The fact that the same people responsible for the last two disasters were even being CONSIDERED for a third swing kind of illustrates how screwy things really are, and how nobody involved with the decision-making for this brand really knows what they're doing, or has any kind of long-term plan. If one thing is for sure, it's that absolutely nobody who had a hand in writing, directing, overseeing, or otherwise "crafting" the last two movies should ever be allowed near the brand again.

Everything I've been reading says there is no third PD movie to come and that that's been the case behind closed doors for at least the past year, they just never formally announced it because they didn't know what else to do yet. This will be yet another "full reboot/reimagining" of TMNT and the PD universe is completely dead and buried, according to all pertinent information as of today. So, there's that at least.

And that's definitely a good thing by any stretch. I'm happy that's all over and done with, because nobody could ever objectively claim those films as any kind of victory (both movies on one disc, for $5, and STILL nobody buys the damn things, they just sit and rot in the bin ). But this is still more of a lateral move than a forward one. It's like saying "Man, I'm glad I only have Hepatitis C and not AIDS." Clearly, man, but c'mon, neither of those things is a "win" and you'd be better off having neither one.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote