View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 05:51 PM   #2153
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
And people who take this position might come across as vipers or bottom-feeders looking to deepen the situation for Whedon through gaslighting his statement.

I'm not saying that you are that way. I'm just saying that you might come across that way to some people with this position.

Too many people flock to align themselves against an accused nowadays. It's a psychosis. Especially when it's clear that the accuser is oddly focused and has an axe to grind beyond the totality of the situation, like Ray Fisher. We have people like that here on the forums as well. It's a psychosis.

My experience with this is that the stalwart accuser tends to have some kind of life-failure, life-anger, or Narcisistic-public-pride problem that makes them double down on someone at all costs for the win. Most reasonable people see this and discredit the extreme-accuser, while people with the same tendencies as the accuser rally behind them and it's usually a silently-self-serving rallying.

It seems to me that Ray Fisher was flinging mud in as damning a fashion as possible and that the truth is that Whedon is a fringe-catalyst person. The kind of guy that riles up people like Fisher but isn't actually a bad guy.
I am not saying Fisher is an angel, but ever since Whedon wished my sister-in-law's former boss be raped to death by an animal I have zero respect for him. He issued no apology whatsoever for writing that. The same year he also poked fun at teenage cancer survivors who were visiting Paul Ryan. None of what I described sounds defendable. Everything these actors and writers have said about him doesn't surprise me at all. Writers who worked on shows that Whedon was in charge of said that he enjoyed making people cry and bragged about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Molina
“Casually cruel” is a perfect way of describing Joss. He thought being mean was funny. Making female writers cry during a notes session was especially hysterical. He actually liked to boast about the time he made one writer cry twice in one meeting.”
https://deadline.com/2021/02/more-sp...on-1234693460/

I believe Gadot when she said, "I understood perfectly" after the way Whedon responded to her allegation. I think it's time I take a break from this forum.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote