View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #18
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Not sure how this is any different than an anime like, say, Negima. About an 11 year-old boy teaching a class full of 15 year-old girls who ALL end up being his "magical partners" (via a kiss!) to use magic to fight monsters, demons, and other stuff. And every time the kids sneezes, some girl looses her panties.... Weird, but in Japan this stuff is seen as perfectly acceptable and even normal. They play with it as tongue-in-cheek humor, which is how it should be. We all know that young girls in skimpy attire as "sex objects" is "wrong" (At least by modern Western standards- elsewhere, not so much. Some African and Middle-Eastern countries still MARRY girls as young as 10! And it's usually to men 10 years or more their senior- but WE like to pretend things like that don't happen anymore....) BUT that's our own biased cultural morality at work.

My view is that censorship is nearly always wrong, for that very reason. Whose standards are we going by? Western "civilized" society? In many ways, it's more backward than the countries where this kind of thing actually is considered "normal"! It's nothing more than a product of backward, patriarchal thinking by prudish men who even once went so far as to ban Christmas in one state back in the 1600's because it had pagan origins. One person's "sick" is another's acceptable. Censorship is just a way of saying "I don't like what you do, so you can't see/hear/own it". Which is wrong.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote