View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 06:38 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He's much better than all the youtube wannabe's who came after him, like Angry Joe and all those other guys.

In a way he was sort of a pioneer for all the youtube videogame players. He had his videos on his own site before he put them to youtube, and then it paved the way for all these people who came after him.
By "his videos" you mean his AVGN episodes? Because his firt one is form 2004, but naturally since youtube still wasn't around in 2004, he only uploaded it onto it a couple of years later. He never meant his video game reviews to become a series. His dream has always been directing actual movies. Horror ones, in particular, from what I gather. He then made Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde as a follow up to Simon's Quest and then made Karate Kid, which was originally meant to be his dead last video game review. Funny how things turn out, eh?

I remember lots of "angry gamers" popping out at the time such as Armake, Monoxide, Spoony and the Irate gamer(f*ck that guy). Although there was one guy who was a subversion of that trend, The Happy Video Game Nerd.

Armake was big for a while but I dunno if he still does this stuff. And I remember reading screwattack's forums back in 2006-2007 and him being a member there. He was upset of all the hate he was getting at the time, because, for a while, anyone who reviewed games was accused of ripping off the nerd, even though Armake did his Ghostbusters review BEFORE James did his. Yet many AVGN fanboys were bashing Armake accusing him of ripping James Rolfe off.

I remember Spoony's debut episode, which was the Adventure's of Bayou Billy... never thought he'd become as big as he is nowadays. I'm guessing Pat the NES Punk also showed up around that time. I find Pat a bit too awkward for my taste, though.

Anyway, doesn't Nostalgia Critic pre-date the Nerd?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote