View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 03:53 AM   #10508
Leo656
The Franchise

True story, I always wanted to play it since I was a kid, and Game Players magazine had a walkthrough on it in one of the issues I'd bought. I believe it was the issue that featured Super Mario World on the cover, and an extended preview of "Hook" (the movie as well as the various games) inside as well. I could be mixing things up but I don't think I am. There may have even been a walkthrough on "Batman: Return of the Joker" for NES as well.

Anyways, it always looked neat but I never got to try it out because none of the rental stores around here ever stocked it and I never saw it for sale, either. I think it came out right around the time the SNES was catching fire and like a lot of NES games of that era subsequently went overlooked. Like forget bringing in new NES games to rent out; once the SNES hit, the video stores around here started selling off ALL their NES titles at discount prices just to clear up shelf space for more SNES and Genesis stuff. So there's a LOT of NES games that came out after like 1991 that I've only seen in magazines and YouTube videos. Like "Chip & Dale 2" or "G.I. Joe 2" and stuff like that. I know they existed but nobody around here carried 'em.

Thankfully this one is nowhere near as rare as some of those others, and I got it very cheap. Actually not a huge Tom & Jerry fan in general, but I AM a big fan of NES-era platformers. So I figured it's worth picking up for what I paid. It seems to have a good reputation. I plan to check it out within the next couple of days.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote