View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 09:13 AM   #192
IMJ
Emperor

Cool video review man. That Castle is so well done that it's led me to some "criticisms" that I wouldn't have thought of if it wasn't so well done. A few thoughts that came to mind:

-it would've been a great addition to have a piece of plastic that connected the two floor pieces at the top so that it was more of a "level" than two weird floating platforms.
-it's always driven me crazy that those platforms were up there and you were just supposed to sort of "float" or "fly" your figures up there, lol! Another ladder or even a plastic winding staircase would be great. Actually if I owned a 3-D printer I'd engineer a winding staircase accessory that sort of butt up to each level of platform at the appropriate places but in one unit and probably make a fortune in that as a custom add-on.
-as for the weapons rack thing you were mentioning - they could've doubled the storage space on the same rack simply by making it double sided. Weird that they didn't.
-and then, much like how detailed paint apps change the character of vintage TMNT toys completely, some silver paint apps on anything considered "metal" would change the character of that entire set completely.

But again, these points are born of the fact that the new Castle is so good that you can't help but start to think about what it would take to put it over the top. If I was setup for the space I'd honestly order two and butt them up together to make a square with one open end.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote