View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 04:13 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

I respect that it had good action scenes with good animation and that it doesn't fuck up it's plot the same way the 2012 show did. Those parts I genuinely respect regardless of my personal opinion.

In terms of objective criteria there isn't much I can criticise the show for. I don't think the direction it went, that is to say it being a near pure comedy often set in an underground demon city, is very good for a TMNT show. That sort of thing seems like something that would be decent for side-stories but not the primary focus. That and changes like having Raph use a tonfa instead of sai just screams of change for the sake of change, not really something you should do.

That said there is one aspect of Rise's direction I do appreciate, it doesn't try to clone the Fred Wolf cartoon like so many of other Viacom projects. The closest it gets is making the Mutagen turn people into animals. Not an automatic win exactly but it's probably for the best that the show never had Reporter April, the Technodrome, Krang, Dimension X or really most of that stuff.

And yes, the middle finger to anyone who expected Bebop and Rocksteady to show was very appreciated.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote