View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #38
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I can't say I've actually ever heard anything positive about the Genesis Tournament Fighters. I still actually haven't played it, but I remember when it was new the reviews were mediocre-to-lousy, and especially in recent years the opinion has turned pretty sharply against it. Sega Lord X was particularly vicious in a recent appraisal of it. I still plan to get it one day, but everything I've seen suggests that the Genesis version simply wasn't a very well-made game. Which is a shame, because there's some characters in it I wish were in the SNES version, and the SNES version is pretty damn sweet on its own.

I only played the NES version once, as I recall, so I can't much speak to that one, either. Wish it wasn't so rare and expensive. Really kicking myself for not buying it cheap when I had the chance.
Oh man, yeah, haha... It was the SNES version of Tournament Fighters I was thinking of. Yeah, that's a great game. The Genesis version is probably the weakest of that particular game. I remember, for its time Tournament Fighters had the most realistic sprites for TMNT characters of any TMNT game up to that point. Weren't they more based on the live action movie appearances? I kinda think so. I remember Shredder having the purplish red outfit/armor and always thought those characters looked cool.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote