View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 03:32 AM   #92
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Seeing a video at about 12 of a woman actually giving birth scared me into never wanting to have kids the natural way. Pushing something that big out of such a narrow opening just looked like torture and pain. At that moment, I vowed that if I EVER had kids, I would adopt because many kids need homes.

When I was in my 20s, I wasn't fully against it, but not fully for it either, but did say that if I don't have a child naturally by at least 30, I don't want to bother. In my mid 20s, I actually had that strong maternal, biological clock ticking thing. It was so strong, I wanted to screw the first dude I saw, but it did die when I was about 26 or so and my indifference about kids started again.

Given my age now, I really don't want kids. It's not like I can financially provide for one, which has always been a big factor. I always posed the question even as far back as my teens, "If I were to get pregnant today, would I be able to financially provide for it?" The answer has always been no and unfortunately, despite my age, it's still this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Having gone through it, I can honestly say that yes, it is. I had morning, noon, AND night sickness for the entire term. Lost ten lbs in about three days, a week after I first found out. And it took me the entire 8 months remaining to gain it back. By the time I went into labor, I was only 3 lbs over my NORMAL weight. And half of that ten lbs was her. So I regained only about 7 &1/2 lbs. And my NORMAL weight is only around 95-96 lbs to begin with.

Ob-Gyn told me I would have no problem with a natural birth, and tried to convince me (at 30 yrs old mind you) not to have my tubes tied as I wanted to because she apparently thought that even though I stated flat out from the beginning that it had been unplanned and that I intended to give it up for adoption, that I might somehow at that age change my mind and regret the tubal ligation later on. She was an idiot. Not only was I still fighting to get her to do the ligation literally while in labor, but my baby got her head stuck in my pelvis and had to be delivered C-section- just as I had told the Dr. all along that I would need to. Top it all off, her estimation of my conception date was off by about two weeks, as I knew for a FACT when I had conceived! Her due date was also off by about a week. Baby came out "overcooked" and my original estimate proved correct. I had to split the difference and self-induce via an herbal tea. So she ended up an Equinix baby.
You know, I think doctors are hesitant because maybe women have regretted the decision. Like maybe many there have been a lot of cases where women have come to regret the decision and just don't want to chance it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm also baffled why poor people have so many kids. Like those mothers on welfare with 4-5 children. Like...maybe if you didn't have so many kids to feed and clothe, you probably wouldn't be in this situation. Is it really that hard to make sure your partner is wearing a condom or use birth control pills?

It's baffling really. I understand some of this happens when people are teenagers, and you see teenage parents at only 17-18, but that's just as bad.
Birth control pills need a prescription, and unless it's changed, it's not covered by insurance like Viagara is.

Quote:
If ever have future kids or especially a son, I will raise them from the ground up to like TMNT and Nintendo.

My future child will grow up as if it's the 80's-90's, and will like everything I like from my childhood. At the age of 4 or so, I'd start them off on the original TMNT cartoon and the NES with Super Mario Bros, and we'd work from there throughout all the big Nintendo games from the NES and SNES era and other 80's and 90's cartoons.
I have DVDs of some things I grew up with for that very reason. lol I may not have kids or nieces or nephews since I'm an only child, but my cousins have kids. Sucks I couldn't hang with them more. They're like 6 and 7 now.

Quote:
To be honest almost all parents bring their interests to their children. My father grew up with Star Trek and Batman in the 60's, and as a result he liked it into his adulthood and passed it down to me.

Then I grew up with 80's/90's franchises like TMNT, etc...and will pass them down to my future children.
This is true. I like older music because of this.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote