View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 11:13 PM   #27
Adventuremaster18
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I've always said I'd LOVE a movie that is a straight retelling on TMNT #1. Black and white and red (for bandanas, both Turtle and Foot, and BLOOD!). Simple. But then I wondered if Nick/Viacom could do like DC/Warner Bros. did with their animated movie series, take significant stories from the Eastman and Laird run of comics and make them into animated films...but than again that's essentially the first couple of 4kids seasons as it is.
I'm gonna be honest... I don't get why people want super accurate adaptations tbh. I'm very much in the minority on this, but I feel the best part of each version of TMNT is that it's so different.

My favorite writer, Douglas Adams, didn't understand the idea of telling the same story the exact same way in every version/adaptation. It's why the novels, books, audio dramas, and especially the film of his series "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "Dirk Gently" are all so different from each other. He liked the idea of experimenting and changing the story up with each version, because he didn't get the point of making each version the same.

And I agree with that. Even when they take inspiration from each version, Mirage, Archie, Fred Wolf, 2012, the 90's movie, Rise, IDW, etc. are all super unique and do their own takes on the TMNT. It helps keep things fresh and more interesting than just telling the same story again with no variation. The original story is there, no need to retell it the exact same way IMO.