View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 07:20 PM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Thanks. Just a personal preference more than anything. Anyone with thoughts?
Might want to start by tracking down or image searching various copies or try some VHS boards. Back then, home video releases were a little different. TMNT was a VHS release for consumers pretty early on, back in a period where those often had delays intended for time for video store rentals and cable releases.

Basically it wasn't like nowadays where everything gets some home video release. And so you might be able to find early release copies (often called FYC, for Your Consideration copies) or even copies with stamps intended for rental that came out shortly before the consumer VHS tape. But again that could be confounded because I recall that movie had a quick direct to consumer window. I'm also pretty sure that there were some promotional inserts inside it as well, IIRC.

I'll check my copy for you if I can remember where it is in storage.

VHS tapes were weird back then. When the Crow popped up for home consumption in 1994 or so on VHS, you could pre-order for $100 bucks at the time through Tower Records who get could you a copy that was first intended for rental stores (which is why it was so much money). After a while, they released it to the general public with a promotional trading card inserted into it. VHS in the 90's was messier than I think most people know.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote