View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 07:37 PM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

But if I had to name THE big one it would be Metal Gear Solid. I've NEVER played a single MGS game in my life. I might fix that someday.
That's nuts. One of my favorite series of all time. From Summer 2018 through January 2019 all I did was play all the MGS games in storyline order, and that was incredible. I know I also went to work and did other stuff during that time, but all I remember is playing MGS games.

Anyways, I tend to play most of the "big" games eventually but I take my sweet time in getting there. I'm usually many years late to everything, but I do get there. Case in point, I only started "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" a couple of weeks ago and I love it, but that came out in like 2006. I don't MEAN to do this, I just get distracted.

So yeah, there's a ton of notable games I'm super-late to getting around to:
- Last Zelda game I played was "Twilight Princess", still need to get to "Skyward Sword" and "Breath of the Wild".
- Only played the first two "Arkham" games, still need to get to "Origins" and "Arkham Knight".
- Never played any Mass Effect yet.
- Other than some of RE: 0 I haven't played any other Resident Evil games.
- Only played the Tomb Raider reboot, none of the original series.
- I have most of the Assassin's Creed games but I haven't played them yet.
- Haven't gotten around to GTA V yet (I really liked IV though).
- Haven't played either Red Dead Redemption game yet even though they look really great from seeing my wife play them.
- Given that I'm just now getting around to Oblivion, you can guess that I haven't played Skyrim yet.

There's probably a bunch more but that's off the top of my head. And I actually own most/all of these games and have for years, I just get distracted re-playing the same games I've played a hundred times since I was a kid. Like I hooked up the NES last year for the first time in a decade and after that pretty much all I did for a year was play NES and SNES games at the expense of everything else.

I've been trying to be better recently about playing stuff I haven't gotten around to yet. Like Oblivion, which is awesome.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote