View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 11:11 AM   #601
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And with regard to THAT whole situation... and just to again play Devil's Advocate... wasn't it corroborated that Sim met the girl at 14 but didn't sleep with her until she was in her 20s? I mean, it's "weird", but... we let other people off the hook for way worse than that.

David Bowie. Jimmy Page. Lori Mattix. People still love Bowie and Led Zeppelin. But Dave Sim is a piece of sh*t? Why, exactly?

At least in Sim's case, he "allegedly" waited until the girl was like 22. Bowie and Page were f*cking Mattix when she was 13 and 14 years old, and people love those guys. It's very strange why nobody "cancels" them even though we've all known about that sh*t for decades. It's not like they ever even denied it, and it's not like we all just found out about it yesterday.

I'm not much of a Dave Sim fan, but when I heard about that whole "controversy" I'm like... "Uh, okay?" It's f*cking bananas how some people are radioactive because they did a thing, but then other people do a WAY WORSE thing and people are like "Well, we like them more, so it's okay."

Unless it was proven that he also did other, worse sh*t I'm not aware of, in which case, disregard. I only know that people hate him because of the One Thing, and to me that One Thing was more of a "Who Cares?" compared to the sh*t other people do. People we still throw parades for as if they never did any of that sh*t.

It's weird. Like what Sim did was "weird" but I think people are being hypocritically hyperbolic about it. Unless he actually did screw the chick when she was a teenager, but as far as I know, he didn't.

((Shrug)) Bit of a weird tangent for a MOTU thread.

Pretty sure I read somewhere he did sleep with the girl prior to her being 18, made some sort of half apology about it and thats where the problem with him being cancelled comes from, whereas the other guys have not apologized for it. Still weird either way...

My ex-girlfriend's brother is my age, six months younger and his wife is 4 years younger than us but they were dating & shagging when she was still under age and no one bats an eye. They've only ever been with each other. It seems weird now that she was under age and he was legally an adult but no one cared at the time and nothing ever came of it then. They met, she was 16 and he was 20. 15 is the age of consent here in Maine. It is a bit odd. Another buddy, he is older and his kids are about 10-12 years younger than me (the oldest) and he actually tried to jail his daughters boyfriend because she was 15 & he was 5 or 6 years older than her and the state/police said there was nothing that could be done, she had consented.

And then there are folks who think a 30 year old dating a 40 year old is weird. Or a 20 year old and a 30 year old.

And then there is the political left which is certainly fine with pedophiles in general as they voted for one.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote