View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #32
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Actually Nintendo needed to OK the cover art and the releases for the DVDs of the old shows. In the 80s early 90s NOA had a lot more control over the properties and they tried to license their characters in as much as they could. It was actually the Super Mario Bros movie that made Nintendo in Japan notice and basically stripped NOA from much of its power to license stuff out and kept tighter control. I think this has been both good and bad. I was happy to read that they were going to be licensing their properties more which is good, that's probably why we've gotten so many action figures lately but I hope they don't just let anything happen.

As far as a Mario movie, I don't know how I feel about it. The Pikmin shorts worked well but a full Mario movie? I think they would recast Mario but I don't mind Charles Martinet(?), I actually met him, nice guy but hten again he doesn't speak a lot in the games just smaller phrases. As far as the mario cartoons I thought the SMB3 cartoon was neat, the Supershow is really boring to me and I never saw SMW. The Zelda cartoon is pretty decent for its premise and incorporates many fantasy tropes that were later used in future Zelda's, the "excuse me" phrase isn't even as annoying as the internet would make you think. Star Fox would be great for an animated show, I remember when I was watching Bucky O'Hare I actually thought this is how an animated SF show would be.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote