Thread: Avengers 4
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #418
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
In theory.

But again, there's a large number of women who don't have to be "forced" to do anything, and that's its own problem.

"The world's oldest profession" is indeed The World's Oldest Profession for a reason.

I've seen it happen all too often in the wrestling business, too. Women who have no business even being in the ring, going up to the boss backstage with some "sweet talk" and then going home with them, and then they get a big push. Nobody put a gun to their head, they chose to behave that way. And I've watched and listened as women who had actual talent and ability would moan about "that goddamn skank" wrecking things for everyone else. And this isn't even at a national level; these are women who trade sex in order to "win" a fake wrestling match at an Elk's Lodge or VFW. I don't even wanna think about what they'd do to get on TV.

If every male in a position of power were "re-educated", and every single "predatory" influence was removed from a position of authority, these things would STILL happen, because it's NOT just about Men Behaving Badly. It's partly that, for sure, but I'm not sure what the solution is when a large number of women will openly and unrepentantly prostitute themselves.

Some people argue that it's "okay" so long as the woman instigates it, even "empowering", but I strongly disagree. I don't think things should work that way, ever. I'm simply pointing out that it happens, and will always happen, because both men and women know it's an option.

I find it repugnant and immoral on either side, but I don't think anything can be done about it, truthfully.
Well said. At this point in time, it's actually refreshing to see someone acknowledge both sides of the coin.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote