View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 05:41 AM   #341
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I know. Salvation could have had some really violent scenes.

What I’m saying is leaning more so on the robots and infiltrating Skynet...I was ok with that. The battles still make sense.

Like the giant robot that attacks that hideout. Clearly those people died. They do show some of it but Marcus and Reese escape and the cycle bots go after them.

If it had been more violent I’d be ok with that too. I just did not mind how it’s portrayed.

The robots are not just standing around looking scary. They do attack accordingly even if the scenes are not brutally violent.
Did it ruin "Salvation" for me? Not really. Was it the BEST way they could have handled the material? Absolutely not, and I really feel like one should always try their absolute best. Not just, "the best they could do within the circumstances." If your story is implicitly About Violence, don't be afraid to put it on display. Otherwise they all might as well have Nerf guns. Same difference.

They do not "attack accordingly". Not in any of the movies I've seen. If they're not shooting a million bullets and barely hitting anything, they throw and occasionally choke people. Why screw around? You're super-strong and indestructible, rip the f*ckin' guy (or girl) clean in half, Game Over. I kinda started to lose faith in the franchise once I noticed how often the Terminators just tossed someone across the room once they got their hands on 'em. Instead of, y'know, just killing them immediately like they're supposedly programmed to do. Instead they play games. It's silly!

This is where Hack Writing comes in, when someone writes a scene because "Woah, that'll look cool/badass/funny/etc.!" with little to no regard as to whether it makes any sense. If a Terminator isn't going to immediately Terminate someone once they finally catch them, then the writer simply shouldn't have the Terminator catch them. "But if he throws him really hard really far, like through a wall or something, it'll look SO COOL!" Right. But it's stupid and doesn't make sense.

So yeah, they shouldn't do that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote