View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #19
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I have to wonder what the mental block is that leads someone to create provocative internet identities with simplistic and annoying caricature personalities such as Super Goku, Egon1982 & Mikey0.

Like.... what kind of weird psychosis is this? It's like a mouth breather engineering a mouth breather personality of only one magnitude greater than their own.
The Super Goku sorts definitely seem like an online expression of a really compulsive urge to act out antisocial behaviors.

I dunno, this here just seems imo more like relatively innocent validation seeking...albeit directed at an audience that, for the majority, doesn't have much appreciation for that topic. lol

As to the actual topic... I imagine there is undoubtedly some crossover for the "furry" types who happen to be into reptiles. Though there is a pretty obvious broad separation between the regular (for lack of a better word) fans of the TMNT and fans that are drawn to them specifically on the basis of the "furry" thing.

Now my question is... are Turtles that lean more human just as or not as appealing to furry types than designs that are more animalistic? I'd have thought that the PD boys, leaning a more human than typical, would be a lot less "furry" than, say, some more beast-like designs you might find in some fan art. (Though maybe the PD guys seem to be used more by that "bara" interest, like B&R there, not so much the furry fans.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-23-2020 at 12:12 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote