View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 06:29 AM   #90
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Can someone remind me again about why any of this matters? What happens if they lose? Bebop and Rocksteady get to play music at a bar whenever they want, that's it. And when this whole mutant town thing is over, then it's not like anyone will visit that makeshift bar ever again. If they win on the other hand, Bebop and Rocksteady aren't allowed to come back to mutant town, which also means nothing. Nobody in mutant town has any real authority and those two guys aren't exactly known to keep promises, why would anyone expect it to matter? And again, mutant town will be resolved somehow down the line, so who cares wheter or not they can set foot in a temporary slum?

The stakes were "Karai can't die or all hell breaks loose" which has effectively already been averted. The only reason for this band to exist is so that they don't "forget to have fun" and to make sure a similar scenario to Lita's future occurs. Of course since Karai already got to live, this future has already been averted and we have no idea about where things are going meaning there are effectively no proper stakes, so why should I care?
sometimes, it's about the journey and not the destination.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote