View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #93
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
oh wow, this is a great thread. I always feel odd when I get nostalgic over bumpers, I feel like something is wrong with me.
I sometimes feel the same way, which is part of why I stopped clipping them from compilations I found online and uploading them on my channel last year because I wanted to focus more on other things.

Then, I think about how it's seen as normal for people to still seek out movie posters and trailers, years after a film has been released. They're even included on DVDs and Blu-rays as bonus features. Seeing those previews and bumpers before the episode aired on TV and having to wait a whole week to watch it built up the hype and enhanced the experience.

I got into the show about half way through Season 1, so seeing the episode previews for "Notes from the Underground, Part Three" and "The Shredder Strikes Back, Part Two" on the FoxBox website made a big impression on me, which is a big reason why I want them to be preserved. The main reason I started was because I found some previews from around the time of the show's premiere that I downloaded from ninjaturtlesnetwork.com and burned onto a CD. Since then, they were nowhere to be found online. Seeing as it is a part of the show's history, it only felt right to share them with everyone else.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote