View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #76
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Kind of have to disagree here. Sonic has been in quite a rut and hasn't had a critical or commercial hit since 1999. Sonic Mania has saved his reputation. Crash was pretty much dead until they released the remastered version. So yeah I don't see why not, the competition of those two to TMNT isn't as big as you think.
Sonic has also maintained a GIANT fanbase no matter how terrible the games are. And even if it critically flops, Sonic Forces will probably do better financially.

I can't speak for Crash, though, since I have no insight on his fanbase or reception of the trilogy remake.

I don't think anybody is saying that Sonic and Crash are "competition" to TMNT though. What I and others have been saying, is that the path to a critically and financially successful TMNT game is a bigger struggle, whether it's like the old games or not, and is unlikely to happen without several important factors falling into place just right. Of course I want that to happen. TMNT means more to me than any other fictional property. It's just that through following how that franchise and how video games have resonated with the public for pretty much my entire life, I can be realistic at the chances.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote