View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 09:22 PM   #57
Sarigar
Mouser

You know, I get the negativity, I really do. I cried foul when I first heard the name Micheal Bay and "ALIEN TURTLES", hated the way the turtles looked in the first reveal, the first mention of Eric Sachs as Shredder and avoided the film like the plague when it hit theaters. And I didn't pay a dime to see it when it finally hit my local library. Once I saw it I cringed about how badly they f'd up the origin story and the lack of Yoshi/Saki back story. Just shaking my head the whole time "WHY? WHY? WHY DID YOU CHANGE THAT??" ...And yet, the performances of the 4 turtles kind of won me over, after having to do the mental gymnastics of saying, "Hey maybe if they changed this and this, it would be better" ......having said all that, it seems like they are doing some significant course correction and with the exception of Fox/Arnett this is coming across as a soft reboot. First they hired new director who's debut film is nothing like Liebesman and secondly they it looks like we are getting an actual ninja Foot clan, a non-Transformer Shredder, cartoon-accurate versions of Bebop and Rocksteady, and Casey Jones.

I just don't get he unstoppable hate train that keeps continuing with each new pic from this film. I get the mentality of "Once bitten, twice shy.", but this film looks like it has a lot more going for it than the first. I'm hopeful. There are many in-story ways then can re-con the first one or they can just ignore it all together. We still have no idea what the turtles will look like in the sequel.
Sarigar is offline   Reply With Quote