View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #97
electric_sheep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroscene View Post
Brilliant episode, probably one of the best of the series. It had everything I like best about TMNT - a crazy concept, ridiculous fight scenes and a lot of good jokes. It also had none of the fanwanky things that bore me stupid - so called "character development" (i.e. people crying and/or pretending to learn a lesson that they'll forget again the next episode) being one of them and endless Leo vs Raph tediousness being another.

The "filler episode" mentality drives me mad. So the only episodes that count are ones that pick up plots from the season's openings and finale? There's no room at all for stuff that doesn't directly relate to one or two specific plotlines? The way you guys are talking you'd think we were running out of time for those plots to move forward. We have YEARS to see who April does or doesn't date, to see what happens with Karai and to see what the Kraang do next. And since anyone half-awake can guess how those things will end anyway, what's the hurry?

I certainly prefer episodes like this that don't "move things forward," because the episodes that focus on moving things forward don't have Mikey torturing a sentient pizza or said pizzas demanding "EAT ME." It was gloriously unhinged.
YOu've just put my thoughts into words, thank you sir...
I mean how can you not love this?
Allso there were two south park references in that scene, probaby unintentional...

Last edited by electric_sheep; 05-18-2014 at 02:31 PM.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote