Thread: Black Mirror
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 05:08 AM   #13
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Ok, new season's dropped and I've started watching them

My thoughts on USS Callister

Spoiler:
Pretty much a black comedy, nice to see pre-delores William from Westworld in this, and playing once again a character who receives a hard time. At first I thought Daly was going to molest his son when he brought him on board, but instead it was just straight-up murder via the airlock.

A lot of the story flip-flopped on Daly either being in control, and letting control slip. Turning crewmembers into giant monsters was a little too cartoony for my liking, I much preferred the body horror moments when he closed off Cole's mouth and eyes.

I wonder what happened to the real Cole after she was blackmailed? I thought she'd have been a bigger part of the episode alongside her computer avatar, but she just sort of vanishes after ordering the pizza.

Thought the fanservice moment felt shoe-horned in, and Daly really should have known better...at least he sort of acted like everything was off.

Anyhoo, this is more or less an episode with a happy ending...the avatars pilot their way through the upgrade cloud thinking it'll kill them, but it instead just frees them from Daly's modded patch and they're free to explore the data cloud on the other end

I give it a 7/10.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote