View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #35
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
If this is true they are putting these two in and if they are going to have significant roles... **facepalm**, I guess they're just gonna put more weight on that "OT crutch" then huh? I'm a big OT fan, but having these two (and if they become significant characters) would be pushing the claim even further and further, that the Nick series is more or less a derivative of the OT series, especially now with these two iconic dumb villains. If I wanted to see so many OT references/tributes/elements, I would rather just watch the OT then.

**Sigh** How about this Nick series actually develop its own unique villains a lot more, like Rahzar and Fishface, first? Well, I'm assuming their introduction will be near the end of season 2 or somewhere in season 3. So we'll see... but it's not like this show hasn't been a disappointment before...
I definitely agree. This show needs to stand on it's own two feet and it's won characters. I don't mind once-in-a-while odd homages to 80's toon, but when we just had a literal 'cameo' in Wormquake? Me thinks the writers might not much confidence in this show, or that they think adults need constant 80s references to stay interested.

However, their bios list them as morons. I'm hoping the Shredder thinks these two aren't worth his time and so 'disposes' of them in short order. Otherwise it will just look weird if he keeps amassing all of these mutants, and for what reason? It would just get annoying, that's for sure.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote