View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 12:30 AM   #35
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think He-Man is just too of its time to be able to grab new kids, a new show continuing off the old one is definitely not the way to go either, the 2002 show seemed to know what to do but it didn't work. And no, going for 40 year olds is not going to be a good strategy even if they have a lot of income, it takes more than just a dedicated niche fandom.

The original show is just so dated, why would they want to continue that, the tone of the new show would just clash with the original unless it's only a sequel in the sense of "similar events happened but in a cooler fashion". A shame that they're both Netflix series and He-Ra won't be in continuity with this one. I'm not too invested in He-Man didn't grow up on it, have always been mildly curious about it.

Wasn't the space Adventures of He-Man also a direct sequel?
I mean, that’s a fascinating opinion, but you’re clearly not the target demo. The response has been ridiculous. Nobody wondered why they brought back Star Wars, which is definitely of it’s time as well.

And right now, the 4 year old boys who were being ignored by their working moms in the 80’s are 40 year old men who are being ignored and put down by women all over again. Just like when they were helpless little boys, they want to scream

“i have the power”.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote