Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 09:34 AM   #154
Leo656
The Franchise

But you're still gonna care. And you're still gonna hope the next time will be better. That's silly. People need to stop doing that. The term "Battered Wives Syndrome" applies better to this franchise than just about any that I can think of, because for some reason, in spite of ALL evidence and objective reasoning... some people actually think that there'e ever gonna be another good movie. They think Nick actually cares about this property. They're happy whenever a new Nick TMNT project is announced. They keep getting black eyes, but they don't leave. "Battered wives", the whole lot'a ya. If it weren't true, I wouldn't say it. It's painful to watch. And t'were it up to me you all wouldn't suffer needlessly, you'd smarten up and get wise.

Nobody needs to "blow their brains out", but I do care about TMNT and I do care about movies. I think the brand deserves better, and I think Movies Should Always Be Good. They cost a lot of money, and when they suck, it's a waste of resources and a waste of everyone's time who worked on or watched them. And it's vulgar to waste time and it's vulgar to waste money. And it's not necessary; most movies are only Good or Bad because of the care involved in their crafting. Literally ALL you have to do is care sincerely about the results and not the money, and things will generally turn out alright. Start counting the money before you put pen to paper, you're gonna turn out a piece of sh*t, every time. It's something you notice after a while when you really pay attention to this sh*t.

Meanwhile, it's a good brand (or was) that deserves a lot more than it's been given recently. And it's not gonna improve because Nick Doesn't Get It. They only bought the property so they could make it stupid and give kids something to drool over in between Spongebob. It ought to be worth more than that. Never, ever again, though. "You shouldn't care so much." Well, I do. Boo-hoo. I can't help but die a little bit inside when I see things that once had at least a little bit of genuine integrity in their DNA become just another jetski payment for some suit.

Expecting people to Always Aim High and giving them sh*t for not trying isn't a crime. It's what most people should be doing. Nobody has any standards anymore, and it's quite frankly because people aren't anywhere near as judgmental as they should be. People who haven't earned the benefit of the doubt don't deserve it. Simple as that.

I get the point you're trying to make about the other stuff, really. I will say, though, that the way you can tell "The Hangover" and "Joker" were made by the same guy, is that neither one is anywhere near as good or as clever as they each want you to think. So that's the one bit of consistency between them.

Anyway. Stop implying, be it subtly or otherwise, I have an attitude problem for telling the truth. Rather, a lot of other people should just admit this brand is being run into the ground and start fighting back instead of saying "Eh, I'll wait and see." No. Don't wait and see. The "Sausage Party" guy is running the ship for the next movie, for f*ck's sake. That's a red flag with skulls and crossbones on it, but people are acting like it's a life raft. Stop it. Y'all ain't gonna be happy until TMNT is literally f*cking Barney or some sh*t, with how it keeps getting dumber and you people keep passively going along with it. And you're gonna cry and wonder how it got like that. And I'll laugh and say I f*ckin' warned ya. If you're all perfectly fine with Less Than Mediocre out of something you used to love, something that used to be Good, then I can't help ya. But I'm not the one with the incorrect attitude.

I might be a pessimist. There's nothing wrong with that. Optimism Kills. But sure, I'm a pessimist, and proudly so. At least I'm not bleeding from the ass, which is more than most TMNT fans can say. I can spot sh*t from a mile away, which is why I can sit just fine. Don't ask me to apologize for speaking Impolite and Inconvenient Truths. I ain't here to make friends, I'm here to set people straight. Somebody gotta do it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote