View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 12:50 PM   #14
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Who else is gonna boycott Seth Rogen’s TMNT movie once it’s released?

Reasons for my boycotting? Seth Rogen is a total d*** who defends cancel culture and should be given a taste of his own medicine. Plus he made fun of someone who complained about their car getting broken into and having their stuff stolen, dismissing it as “life in the big city”. He shouldn’t be given the honor of making a TMNT movie, since the main characters would stop every car thief in the city if they could and they care about the Little Guy. Also I believe that it’s doomed to be another woke failure anyway since Rogen is just another Kevin Smith, so I won’t waste my money on tickets.

If you are still planning to go see it, that’s fine. I won’t judge you for it.
Pretty much this. If it looks entertaining enough I'll watch it, but I won't support financially under any circumstances for basically all of the reasons that you listed here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Boycotting someone because you dont like them solves nothing.
Absolutely it does. It's a personal decision that by aggregate diminishes their voice if you disagree with what they are doing, but it does it without necessarily calling for their cultural demise.

It helps solve a cultural problem because you are diminishing their ability to influence the sheep who manifest nonsense like Rogen's opinions across society. So yes, it is indeed a path on the road to solving the problem through consumer choice rather than witch-hunting cancel culture. Your comment is categorically incorrect, dude.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote