View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 05:41 PM   #33
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I learn of the Turtles via the Fred Wolf series, I tried getting into the Mirage comics, but I wasn't feeling it, cause in my mind, I thought the Fred Wolf was a straight up adaption of what was in that comic, but it wasn't what I was expecting in terms of the tone.

Then they made the Archie series comics, which had the tone I was looking for, which was like the cartoon, only in a different direction.

You see, we all have a view of what TMNT is, some see the comics first cause they read the comics before it become a series, and others learned via the cartoon, and will always call back to that since it was there first exposure.

No matter what, the fandom is split in two.

there are fans that love Bebop and Rocksteady, and there are others that don't cause they are too goofy for them.

The IDW comics did a pretty good job with those characters.
Not everyone sticks to their first exposure. I for one was big into the show and video games in my youth, and these days am well into the "Mirage Supremacy" camp. Opinions can change, especially if you were basing them on not even knowing the alternative at all, as many people didn't even know the comics existed let alone that they were good.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote