View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 06:00 PM   #41
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K3 View Post
My Top 10 underrated Bat-Rogues (in no order):

1 - Black Mask
He was introduced with a connection to Bruce Wayne and had similarities to Hush before Dr. Elliott was introduced. It was his own creator who had to dust him him off 9 years after his first use (only a villain gathering had Black Mask appeared in aside from that) that got him proper attention. However, Black Mask joined the mainstays with War Games and got a taste of being notorious atop the the underworld for a few years. Catwoman offing him in her only kill is something that Roman Sionias never quite recovered from. Dr. Arkham took his place briefly, but Black Mask while notable now is not where he should be.

Quote:
QUOTE]2 - Hugo Strange
Underappreciated perhaps, but not underrated.

Quote:
3 - Professor Pyg
I hate this disgusting character and would rather he just be a villain that appeared for a certain period and disappered.

Quote:
4 - Rupert Thorne
The most underrated. Such quick build and inspiration in Batman (1989) and Batman:TAS only to get two major arcs. He was dusted off in 2006 so Dr. Phosphrous could go after him again? This guy can be an untouchable puppet master if DC Comics would let him. I guess a smart writer will have to see what we see first and who knows if that will happen. Kite-Man got his day so why not?

Quote:
5 - Anarky
I never understood the purpose of this character. Bad guy? Antihero? Never really used.

Quote:
6 - Blockbuster
Major reoccurring not that bad of a guy,misunderstood brute. Killed off to show Suicide Squad really was what it implies. Brother ironically suffers a similar fate after manipulating Mark, but there is that Tarantula controversy. Less said about that the better. Mark came back in the New 52 though, right? Minor as could be and nothing really done with him. No heroclix of him even despite the 1965-1987 run in the rogues gallery.

Quote:
7 - Firefly
Switched Garfield Lynns for Ted Carson for what? Firefly had made it to the big leagues as Lynns. Never understood, the low ranking yet reoccuring threat being done away with.

Quote:
8 - Great White Shark
I would like to see the underworld of Gotham get more focus in general. More could be done with him, but I prefer Black Mask.

Quote:
9 - James Gordon Jr.
I prefer the precursor, government agent Tony Gordon. Like Professor Pyg he is too gross for me to appreciate.

Quote:
10 - Simon Hurt
He is what I was hoping Professor Pyg would become, a villain who only is major for a stretch of a few years or used by the writer who created the character only. What Dr. Simon Hurt needs beyond the surprise Rebirth Nightwing arc is to find a reason to return. The Court of Owls after him seem to have found a prolonged purpose, but as the demon worshiping Wayne ancestor he needs to be retooled