View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 10:11 AM   #60
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthknuxward View Post
I literally did every single thing for her I could, and then she just lies to me, dates a "friend" who called me worthless to my face, and then says she'll only date me for a week after she knows I've been chasing after her for three years. And now she says she's "sorry" and "wants to be friends". But I'm just not sure I could ever do that because she's never been just a friend to me. It's been particularly hard to deal with and there are some details I can't even begin to elaborate on.
What Katie said.

But this part says a lot to me: "she knows I've been chasing after her for three years"

As someone who suffered from a few bouts of unrequited romance when I was a teenager and wish I'd figured this out at the time? If you have to chase someone, odds are it's just not going to work out. It's not easy to put aside your strong feelings for someone, but it's not fair to you or them to keep pursuing them if they're not interested in pursuing you as well. If they're not into you, you have to let them go.

Nothing's harder on your confidence than being perpetually rejected by the person you're interested in. And if you're pursuing them every day and they're not reciprocating, you're just cutting yourself down bit by bit. You both deserve someone who wants you as much as you want them, and if that's not what's happening here, you both need to move on and let each other move on.

Believe me, I know it's not easy. But I assure you, it gets easier to deal with these things with more time and experience.

Last edited by Bry; 12-07-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote