View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #19
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I never watched the dub, so I don't know what it was like and thus never watched it on TV, though I don't know that it ever even aired in Canada. Savers was actually the very first anime I ever watched completely subbed and followed while it aired in Japan.

Anyways, does anyone know how much Digimon is available on DVD and/or digitally at this point? I know Adventure, 02 and Tamers are pretty readily available, but what abouts Data Squad?

Also, did Xros Wars ever air or anything? Again, it never ever came to Canada, but I don't know that it even aired to completion in the US. I've watched 4 or 5 episodes on Crunchyroll, but it seems not so great.
I always watch dubs whenever they're available. I mutitask while I watch things, and you can't do that with a sub, so I rather dislike them if the dub is of watchable quality. I think the only subbed anime I have ever watched more than a few episodes of are Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and the first three Digimon series [they're my favourites so I made sure to watch both dub and sub; prefer the dubs of all three]. I also watched much of Xros Wars' sub since I was able to keep up with the releases of that one. Didn't like it much though and once a dub was announced I stopped.

Xros Wars' dub [Fusion] is currently airing on the CW in the states. I watch it whenever I have free Saturday mornings. It isn't too great, honestly, but Dorulumon's voice saved it from unwatchability.

And yes, Adventure, 02, and Tamers are all available on Netflix, and the first five series are all on DVD. Reasonably priced, too. Dubs make me very happy.