Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 02:33 PM   #655
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
How do you guys by and large feel about the character design and art direction? I thought TMNT '12 started off great on each; but as the show went on I can't help but feel that there were too many "Large animals" and fewer "mutants" that made for a cool hybrid of "man and animal".

I also didn't think that many of the character models were as attractive as I would have liked for "cool characters". For example, Slash with the exaggerated "pea-head" - I hated that character design. Wasn't a fan of "kid Casey" with the gap in his teeth although that design did, at least, suit the character as presented in the show. Maybe with the exception of Leatherhead, I wasn't a fan of anytime a mutant was simply a regular animal walking upright (Pigeon Pete, for example). Thought that the Rat King was a novel approach - I respect it, but didn't like it.

Thought the main 6 character designs were good, as well as Shredder and the Krangs. I really wouldn't mind watching this show again beginning to end and seeing how I feel about it now. Back when it was release it was anticipated TV for me as a show that drew me back into "something on TV" for the first time in years.
I wasn't a fan of the Mona Lisa design, Since they made her a Space Salamander instead of a mutant from Earth.