View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 09:02 PM   #2746
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I consider NECA one turtle line regardless of movie/toon/vg/mirage/etc. And that's the line for me after I looked in the mirror.

I honestly think it's a bit crazy and irresponsible to be paying $50+ a pop for these figures whose entire appeal is looking like beefed up versions of figures that were already rad AF in the 90s. I have the originals and those are what I honestly love most so why would I take out a second mortgage for these? Yeah it seems cool to get them, play with them a little, pose them, but then you put them on the shelf or maybe even in the closet and you could just as easily put the cheaper, radder, more nostalgic *original* there. Meanwhile NECA is giving us stuff that's never really existed before.

That said I did mention that I'm finally caving on the mousers (cheap army of vintage mousers that aren't broken windup toys) and scratch (a vintage I don't own and never will unless I find one at a garage sale one day).
These "newer" versions are much better than the vintage older versions. They are improved on every level- sculpt, paint and articulation. And besides, who wants to pay $100+ for inferior carded old vintage tmnt toys unless you are buying someone's else's played with, used toys for much,much less.

That said, the vintage line will always have it's charm, but just like MOTU Classics, these Newer ultimates are improvements over the originals.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote