View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 11:14 AM   #208
Leo656
The Franchise

As a general rule, Scare Glow always goes up. He has a neat look, he's always hard to find, and the figures always have a reputation for being even more scarce than they really are. Taken together, he's always predestined to become one of the "hottest" characters from any MOTU line.

I wouldn't recommend anyone plan to build a nest egg around Origins. BUT, every MOTU line has only gone up in price, sometimes skyrocketing out of nowhere. So anything MOTU is guaranteed to appreciate in value no matter what.

Twenty years ago, you could get a loose/complete vintage He-Man for about ten bucks. Now it's around a hundred. Even the New Adventures figures, which NOBODY wanted back in 1990, are starting to get up there now.

There's a ton of speculative inflation happening right now with all the hubbub surrounding the brand, so secondary prices are artificially high right now. But I do think the Origins figures will go on to fetch decent prices in the years to come. Especially given that they're "Just like the vintage ones, but better."

Consider that "Classics" came out for $20-30 each in 2008, and now average around $200-300 for any "main" character. Now, that's "collector line" vs "retail line", but frankly these Origins figures probably aren't being produced in numbers that are astronomically higher than Classics were. Just something to consider. I don't see this line going that way but you never know. I can see in-package figures going for over a hundred within a few years, for sure.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote