View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 11:41 PM   #92
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Spoiler:
I think the two big ones are Donatello's crush on April and it being somewhat reciprocated. I know Ciro denied that this was based on the '03 show and said he had never watched it and we know were originally going to have Raphael be the one to crush on April but I struggle with it being shifted to Donatello coming from nowhere. At very least I think they must have read or heard about the 2k3 series Don having a unique bond with April.

The second big one I think is Karai being Shredder's adopted daughter. Likewise they've put their own spin on it but this is the one I really have a hard time believing it wasn't based on the '03 series. Even the idea the relationship with her and Leo seems to come I think is largely based on what she had with him in the 4kids series.

The boosted role of the Purple Dragons and them being connected to the Foot I think is another specific one.

Even the characterization of the turtles themselves and how they interact with each other seems more like the '03 played things than Mirage, Fred Wolf or the live action movies. like how Michelangelo is characterized as playfully annoying and for his brothers particularly Raph to lightly hit or chase him.
Pretty fair points, I guess I hadn't realized it did make it's mark after all. Totally forgot about the Karai element. I don't really consider Don/April's thing a crush in the 4kids series, though. There's affection there, but not of a romantic nature. Ciro had said the decision to switch turtles was due to the chemistry Mae & Rob had riffing in early reads/sessions, IIRC.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote