View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 10:28 PM   #12
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

[QUOTE=Andrew NDB;1839352]
Quote:
An adaptation of Castlevania II: Simon's Quest seems feasible. Like episode 1 would be the end of the first game, then the rest of the season is him dealing with his curse, going all over town and the land getting all the pieces of Dracula to resurrect him and finish the job in the season finale.
I'd love to see it, yeah. It's an interesting premise to have a Belmont trying to resurrect Dracula. The problem I see with it is the supporting cast. This series focuses on the drama between the characters. Simon was a solo story, and I'm positive they'd try to wedge Alucard or something in there.

Quote:
You think they'd touch those? Maybe. I'd rather see them eventually get to and explore "Castlevania: Bloodlines." It's got a pretty cool premise. The son of Quincey Morris from Bram Stoker's Dracula teaming with a spearsman from Italy against a resurrected Dracula AND Elizabeth Bathory, with stops all over the world.
Definitely. It seems right in line with what Ellis is doing.

Quote:
Yeah, that will definitely be covered. The way they Symphony of the Night-ed Castlevania III tells you very much what their favorite Castlevania game is.
That, and Castlevania 3 plays right into Symphony of the Night.

Quote:
I haven't seen any of season 3 yet but after 2, I figured every time he resurrects he will be "less human."
I want to see this, too. I'm used to him going full bat-demon when backed into a corner. I'd love a "behold my true form, and despair!" moment.

Quote:
Anybody else disappointed we don't see any of the other Castlevania villains in this? Throughout the whole series, Death is like the #2 bad guy and he's a total no show (or does he pop into season 3?). And I can understand them not wanting to put Frankenstein's monster and the Mummy in the show... but why not Medusa?
We've been getting a lot of lesser guys.
Spoiler:
The Merman, Cthulu
, and some other background characters show up in this season. In some cases, it's super brief, but it's there.

The other monsters would be awesome. I wonder if there's some fear of copyright infringement? All the original bosses were Universal movie monsters. Even Olrox from SOTN is a misspelling of Orlock from Nosferatu.

I am dying (pun intended) for Death to show up. He's got to. It's Death.