View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 08:32 PM   #2190
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's "fine" for what it is, but given how over-the-top silly it is, it's definitely not "THE Greatest Superman Story EVER!" the way it is for so many people.

Whenever people tell me it's their favorite/"the best" Superman comic, I immediately know it's the only one they've read in years, if not ever.
Like how people say Miller's Batman: Year One and The Dark Knight Returns are the greatest two Batman stories ever told? I like, don't love Year One and always am tempted to point out the Barbara Gordon error and Selina Kyle is not a prostitute before I think 'it was well told and a great pool of inspiration'. I would rather read 'The Long Halloween' and the slightly preferred 'Dark Victory'. Though its the scripts. I don't care much for Sale's unique somewhat abstract style. The Dark Knight Returns just plain bores me, sorry folks. So yeah, I get it. I just All-Star Superman gets tons of praise and is 'Silver Age goofiness modernized'. I would not know, but I felt from reading your commentary I assumed, 'screw the campy lovefest'.