View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #2196
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, honestly my head feels completely scrambled with all this ****, at this point.
I've never had any problem with any type of progressive behavior, and I do want for everyone to feel recognized, represented, etc, and I don't even mind characters evolving over time, but I'm just so tired of this wankery.

Maybe it's because, like you said, the transparency of it all - the media chasing, the brownie points, etc.
At the same time, maybe none of that should bother me, if this is somehow doing some good for someone out there. Maybe I'm just sick of the vocal part to the crowd this is being catered to/the Twitter mob. It's a lot of mixed feelings.

But again, and sort of as a side-note, if I picked up an actual, Kal El, Superman comic tomorrow, and he kissed an alien dude on Mars, I wouldn't think that's a problem at all. Mostly due to the fact that a man with his life experience would probably have a drastically open-mind when it comes to all things, sexuality included. I'm not saying sexual preference comes down to whether you are open-minded or not, but I just think once you've traveled to other galaxies, you become accustomed to trying lots of new things.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote