View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 07:54 AM   #29
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
The thing with RLSH's though, is that MOST of them don't actually go out looking to pick fights with gangs and such. They are really more like glorified neighborhood watch, and most conduct themselves as such. They also often do things like volunteer work with the homeless and disadvantaged, like working in soup kitchens, handing out blankets and coats, cleaning up litter, etc. Some also do visitations to local children's hospitals or other such places. A very few DO actively seek out criminals to make citizens arrests, but they are the minority, and will use appropriate precautions. There is a really good book on the subject in my local library that I read years ago, which goes into the history, activities, and even lists some of the most well-known ones from around the world.
That's a really good point, Ms Duckie. And to your point, the husband/wife team known as Pheonix Jones and Purple Reign are really almost more like political activists than they are a Casey Jones or Batman type... They raise awareness of social issues and teach self defense courses and give lectures to high school students. They're not really out there fighting street gangs or confronting bangers too often. But I'm sure a tense situation has happened on occasion.

The ones that do fight in the streets are usually the ones who end up in prison for assault. They're not being gunned down as much as they are going to jail.

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 07-06-2020 at 07:25 PM.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote