View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 03:50 PM   #112
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

-Usually the art is something I don't have any opinion of. There needed to be sound effects or lyrics or some indication of the music. Regarding April, did she just come from the gym? She is dressed like it. Also, what happened to her nose? She looks like a human version of the pig rocker! Not to mention Sally Pride, what happened to her hair? It looks aweful!

-This is like a fan comic for Sophie Campbell by Sophie Campbell. The meta references of Jennika telling Koya it was not for nothing. Also, the Jenny in The Holograms reference to what Campbell wrote previously.

-It turns out the last several issues of a Mutant Town resident wronging a specific turtle then joining a metal band was built up to a hardly rehearsed supposed well played song sample. Koya is given permission to join the band and return as she wishes. That didn't make sense for Koya to want to.

-The characters act like this storyarc has huge ramifications, Jennika needs to create a Heavy Metal Band so she won't murder Karai for revenge? Ban Bebop and Rocksteady from Mutant Town if this impromptu Heavy Metal Band can do better than the two henchmutants? Why am I supposed to care? Lita travels from her Future for this low scale event?

-I admit I have conservative values, but prefer to not* involve in Republican or Democrat ideals as an Independent. I don't want to read about wokeness and politics. I read comics to ignore it yet its taken over the comic I used to enjoy the most. All the cool dangling plots left and not touched on is a major problem for me and the promise of the annual covering them is all I have left.

-Razhar and Tokka are overactive destructive mutants and they are written off just like that to keep them sympathetic. They could have been handled better. So a truce with the Foot is made that should have already been set with #100's event. If anything I would like to see how exactly Karai established her authority with Splinter gone and see Shredder stepping aside.

-I have an unbroken run and have every IDW issue aside from the two Infestation and X-Files related issue. I have urged people to hang in there, but I have completely lost faith in IDW. Jennika initiating a kiss with the pig mutant was the kiss of death of my pulling this title. I am not a close minded unaccepting person, but it does nothing for the plot nor seem like a direction Jennika would take, but only exist because of the writer's personal journey. I view gays and the upcoming protest as political issues whether people agree with me that they are or not does not matter. This title is just not something I can support anymore and after months of consideration this is my last issue after having pulled since issue one.

-Yes, I was underwhelmed by the wraps ups in City At War and its on Tom for his slow burn pacing catching up with him, but the reason it went from it being one of my favorite bits of pop culture and TMNT franchise to realizing it is enabled to be a liberal fan fic that makes me feel uncomfortable. It is all on Campbell! I cannot look at IDW the same again until Campbell is removed. I look forward to picking up the plots that Campbell ignored in the upcoming annual, but that is it. I am done! I look forward to the annual but after that I don't know when I will return to the title.