View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 09:38 PM   #19
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't think I ever bought a new game from any of those stores whether it's babbages/EB ames/Gamestop or whatever name they used to have, the prices of games were usually $5 above MSRP so I would just walk a little more to Walmart or any other store that sold it for MSRP. Later on they sold the games for MSRP but by then Best Buy and Circuit City always had gaming deals the first week of release so I would buy them there instead.

Only thing I remember buying there was used games for cheap, like a bunch of great N64 titles at the end of its time or PS2/Gamecube games when the PS3/Wii were out. Oh and I think my parents bought my N64 there but that was when it launched and you could literally not find it anywhere.

It's kind of sad if it eventually goes out of business as, I know I'm getting ahead of the game there but it's cool to have a video game store in every mall, I loved going in there as a kid and spending hours looking at the covers of video games but I guess times change. And they need to learn how to do business better in today's world. I don't think these 100 stores closing will be a huge loss to the community as there are many stores close to each other, at least my mall had one inside and another outside since they decided to keep both stores when Gamestop bought EB or whatever.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote