Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 12:37 PM   #1188
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's not even "the film's" logo, it's just forgoing any effort and using what already exists. (I know, I know, I -- or rather we -- were already critical of that other one...)

I totally understand that a title with that much text also makes it rather hard come up with something that looks good, because the text itself ends up have to be the logo, else it's almost inherently going to look too busy and bulky if you start trying to add stuff to it. BUT.

My one issue with using this one... Given the history of that logo, it clashes with the angle of the film. If they wanted to do a very Mirage-inspired or otherwise gritty one focused on the ninja aspect, then fine. But wanting to focus on the teenage part of the title and based on the concept art we've seen and the tone set by that "class notes" paper... I feel like the pairing is like...how can I put it... like biting into an apple and it jarringly tastes like spaghetti?

Just my two cents as a nobody who has no hand in the whole thing, but I kinda feel like looking at that logo (and others) could more-so be a starting place and then consider font styles that convey the tone of film they are actually going for and come up with something similar, but fitting for this particular film?

edit: Of course it might also not really be their finial decision anyhow, it could just be in temporary use until they have their own official one. That hopefully makes more sense for the tone that has been hinted at...but less busy/bulky than that other logo we'd seen.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-13-2022 at 12:48 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote