View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 12:00 PM   #22
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I just gotta be blunt... I don't think Nick has made one single good decision since they bought the franchise.

They've made some money, sure, but one figures they could make a lot more than they have, if only they tried a little harder. Like yeah, they already made their money back, but every effort they've put forth was pretty halfhearted, except maybe the NickToon.

I always get the feeling like Nick went into the whole TMNT endeavor with very low expectations, and so long as those expectations are met they have no urgency to actually try and grow the brand or improve the situation.
Either that or if anything, they had high expectations thinking "TMNT is a brand as big, if not bigger than Batman and Spiderman so anything we do with this brand will make $$$."

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, for the most part.

The 2012 show did well and that's great. They let the Batman vs. TMNT thing happen and for the most part it turned out pretty awesome. Probably because they must have just let DC do their thing and kept their own hand out of it, but still, they were brave enough to allow it. (And more shocking, have aired it on Nick, albeit a little edited.) They've also allowed Last Ronin to happen and sounds like it is also doing well. There's some small ray of light there, but so far they aren't taking it and running with it. That we know of.

But for some reason they keep on failing to acknowledge that an older audience would be a viable target for a series. Maybe they have behind closed doors after the bombing of Rise and not capturing their target audience for it, I dunno. But it has bugged me that they haven't bothered despite their overall company owning more channels than just Nick. If they ONLY had Nick and were simply clueless and unable to go elsewhere, fine... but they have plenty of other channels with content for older audiences. I don't think it would be that hard to just hand it off to someone else under the company umbrella that might know how to do something that isn't just for little children.
Though I'm torn because I'd like to think any company could do better but I also fear any company could do worse.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote